From beds and sofas to cutlery and pans, we are always in need of items so we can help people create a home. We all have a saucepan we don’t use or bedding at the back of the airing cupboard that never sees the light of day – why not donate it to Loaves N Fishes so we can put it to good use?
We rely on donations to keep our project running. Call us on 0121 285 3970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you would like to donate. If you need your items collected, we will arrange a pick-up slot. Alternatively, you can drop them off at our Resource Centre – there will always be someone to help you unload. We are open from 9am until 4pm, Monday to Friday.
If it’s easier, you can fill in our form to give us a brief description of what you want to donate along with your contact details. Then we can call you to arrange collection.
We accept anything that makes a house a home, here are a few examples:
- Kitchen items: Cutlery, utensils, plates, bowls, saucepans, kettles, canisters, toasters, chip pans, fridges, cookers
- Living room items: Settees, coffee and side tables, dining tables, chairs, pictures, TVs, TV stands, shelving units
- Bedroom Items: Beds, wardrobes, chest of drawers, bedding
- General items: Towels, irons, ironing boards, laundry baskets, clothes drying rails, carpets, lamps, rugs, ornaments, music players, toys, garden furniture, cleaning products, toiletries, food, clothing
We cannot accept:
- Upholstered items without a fire label
- Electrical items more than five years old
- Items with marks, rips, stains or tears
Please be aware that our drivers have discretion over what is collected – some items may not be suitable for us to give out, for instance they may be too large to fit into a small flat. These items will be sold in our shop The Provision Emporium, perhaps after being given a shabby chic paint effect in our workshop.
If you are a taxpayer, Loaves N Fishes will soon be able to claim Gift Aid on the sale of goods you donate. For every £1 we make, we can claim an extra 25p from the taxman at no extra cost to you. We would ask you to let us know when you donate if you wish us to do this.