Our Resource Centre is the beating heart of Loaves ‘n’ Fishes. It’s where we
- accept donations of goods, food and clothing direct to our door
- send out our vans on collections and deliveries
- welcome those who walk in for emergency provision and advice
- answer calls from referring agencies, people wishing to donate items or those seeking help
- sort and store everything we give out, from beds and white goods to food and cleaning packs
- give advice and guidance
- provide crisis intervention as well as on-going support
Who we help
Anyone and everyone. There are many reasons for poverty and we help with many different needs. Some people walk in off the street, other clients come to us via telephone referrals from agencies or support workers. Although we are a Christian charity, we equally help those of different or no faith.
How we help
- Through our Community Outreach Team, we can provide furniture; household items; clothing; food; toiletries; cleaning products; information, advice and guidance; health and wellbeing services
- We can kit out a home with furniture and white goods if we have them available. Our warehouse stores good quality furniture donated by the public ready to be delivered to those who need it.
- We offer a One Stop Shop where homeless individuals can visit for support. Here they can have a hot drink, get a fresh change of clothes, use the washing machine, have a chat and receive advice and guidance if required. They will also receive a pack to take away containing inflatable mattress, floor mat, pop-up tent, sleeping bag, water bottle, wipes, toiletries and socks (subject to availability).
As well as our emergency provision we also work with people long-term to turn their lives around. Through our Support Hub, we offer health and wellbeing advice and support.
How you can help
We rely on donations from the public of good quality, clean furniture, clothing, household items, food, toiletries and cleaning products. We are a member of the Furniture Re-use Network which works with charities and helps keep household items out of landfill.
- Upholstered items must have a fire label
- Electrical items must be less than 5 years old
- Items should have no marks, stains, rips or tears
- Collections are made at the driver’s discretion
Items will be given free of charge to a family or individual in need. Some items which are not suitable for donation will go directly to our shop or to our workshop for upcycling before being sold. Our priority is always to give the best items to those in need.
By donating your unwanted clothes to us, you are helping us support many people in your local community. You will also be reducing the environmental impact of throwing away unwanted clothes. Anyone referred to the charity in need of clothing receive a £25 voucher which they can redeem at any time at Twelve Baskets.
We can collect between 9.30am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday. Please call us to arrange your collection on 0121 559 7443, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can drop these items off at our Resource Centre at 55a Vicarage Road, Halesowen, B62 8HU. We accept furniture, clothing, household items, food, toiletries and cleaning products.
55a Vicarage Road
Give us a call
0121 559 7443
Monday - Friday
9am – 4pm (Please leave an answerphone message after 3pm or use our contact form)